Skip to main content

The Butterfly Strikes Back...

Well, as you may have gathered from my last post, things with the Vampires were going quite well. Very well in fact. Then this happened...

 


How, how does this happen?

For a good six months, I’ve been having this vague itch... to resurrect my bodged Dark Angels successor chapter and not make a pig’s ear of them. A couple of weeks ago, I cracked. I bought a Dark Angels veterans box, a command group box and a devastators set. Then I raided my bits box, leftovers and spares, and found I could make a company master, command group, two tactical squads and three transports. It's amazing what you can make when you dig through those bits boxes!

To top off the speedy army buildy cake, I had a very lovely and generous birthday gift of the Ravenwing Battleforce box (Thanks Em!!). I'm really impressed with the sheer amount of extras included on those frames. It's allowed me to customise all my vehicles without having to purchase anything extra. 


So far I've only managed to finish the first combat squad. I'm taking my time, and the big thing with this army for me is getting my freehand painting skills down. All the chapter/company/squad markings are being freehanded. It's a challenge to keep them consistent but I feel that it's a good thing. Each new army, or unit, should be expanding your skills, and that’s what I'm trying to do here, get my free hand confidence up. Hopefully after a squad or two I'll be up to the challenge of that company standard. 

Until next time
Maisey

Comments